Welcome To The Rainbow House
Prevention • Intervention • Advocacy • End Abuse
OUR AGENCY MISSION STATEMENT
We believe: No one deserves to be abused be it emotionally, physically, or sexually. Our prime service is the safety and empowerment of all victims and their children.
We Will: Provide prevention, education, and information to communities, families, and schools.
May is Older Americans Month.
Did you know that Rainbow House Domestic Abuse Services provides services and support groups to those experiencing Elder Abuse? We all have a role to play in ensuring the safety and well being of our community. Here are twelve things you can do to prevent Elder Abuse.
- Learn the signs of elder abuse and neglect.
- Call or visit an elderly loved one and ask how he or she is doing.
- Provide a respite break for a caregiver.
- Ask your bank manager to train tellers on how to detect elder financial abuse.
- Ask your doctor to ask you and all other patients about possible family violence in their lives.
- Contact your local Adult Protective Services or Long-Term Care Ombudsman to learn how to support their work helping at-risk elders and adults with disabilities.
- Organize a “Respect Your Elders” essay or poster contest in your child’s school.
- Ask your religious congregation’s leader to give a talk about elder abuse at a service or to put a message about elder abuse in the bulletin.
- Volunteer to be a friendly visitor to a nursing home resident or to a homebound senior in your neighborhood.
- Send a letter to your local paper, radio or TV station suggesting that they cover
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day June 15 or Grandparents Day in September.
- Dedicate your bikeathon/marathon/other event to elder mistreatment awareness and prevention.
- Contact Rainbow House Domestic Abuse Services, Inc. if you or a loved one is experiencing Elder Abuse. We can be reached 24 hours a day at 715-735-6656.
Rainbow House Domestic Abuse Services, Inc
PO Box 1172, Marinette, WI 54143 ~ (800) 956-6656
1530 Main St., Marinette, WI 54143 ~ (715) 735-6656 Fax: (715) 735-7293
1201 Main St., Oconto, WI 54153 ~ (920) 834-5299 Fax: (920) 834-5330